Monday, November 28, 2011

A sign from above

Mr. Bushman was sitting on the sofa when one of the blades on the ceiling fan in our living just fell off. No one touched it or anything. Since we've had a stack of new light fixtures (shown here) sitting around since we moved in two months ago, I told my husband I thought this might be a sign that it was time to install them.


Living Room BEFORE


Living Room AFTER


All of the old light fixtures in our house were so ugly and smoke stained I was glad to be rid of them. In our kitchen there was this particularly yucky ceiling fan.

Kitchen BEFORE



Kitchen AFTER




Son's room BEFORE

Son's room AFTER

The new light fixtures really make the place look crisper and more modern. Best of all, we got them (except the ceiling fan) for only $6 each at Menards!

As usual, we're not done yet. We've got several fixtures left to install. Additionally some of our ceilings still have water stains and need to be repaired and painted. Stay tuned as we continue to improve our home . . .

2 comments:

  1. I love the new living room fan! I hope you don't miss having a fan in the kitchen... They're always so nice to keep the air flowing when you're cooking on those hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that exact fan in our bedroom. I despise it with a fiery passion. Now if I could only find some $6 light fixture to replace it with... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus