Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chai Tea Recipe

I have recently developed a love for chai tea. I like to make it in the evening after dinner. I make it with decaf so I can sleep and also so I can offer some to the kids.

If you order chai tea at a restaurant, expect to pay $5 a cup. On the other hand, homemade chai tea costs about 7 cents a cup to make!

Here's how I make it:

Put about 3 cups of milk (any kind) in a sauce pan. Turn it on medium heat. Add two tea bags, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves and 1/8 tsp ginger (or less). Let it simmer for 5 minutes (or longer for a stronger taste). We often make this on the woodstove too which works well.

Right after I've thrown all the ingredients in the pan. I usually don't measure.



Pour into mugs and enjoy!

Do you have a favorite winter beverage?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus