Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thank YOU readers!

Lately, I feel like my blog is really taking off! You may have noticed I've made some minor changes to its layout. I've been trying to spruce it up a bit to give it a more professional look.

Since I started blogging a little over four months ago, I've had about 10,000 hits to my blog. That is very exciting to me! My daily hits used to be under 100, except on the days when I made a post--then it would climb to 200-300 hits. Lately, though,  my daily hits are around 300 and on days when I post, I am hitting 600 or more. Once I even got 937 hits in one day! I felt like things couldn't get any better . . . until they did.

I recently discovered a blog called Penniless Parenting, which was the first blog I'd come across that I felt was on the same level of extreme budgeting as myself. After I read Penny's post about not using toilet paper, I thought she might even be a bit more extreme than me. :)

Like any fan, I wrote to her and told her I loved her blog and that I thought we were kindred spirits. I shared a link with her of my own blog. Luckily, she wrote back and said she would love if I could write a guest post for her blog about how I felt living rurally saves my family money! I was SO excited, I got right to work.

So, for this post I wanted to share Penny's fabulous blog with you, along with my guest post and say THANK YOU, dear reader, for reading my blog.

As I continue to improve . . .

What things would you like to see more of in my blog? What's a subject I haven't talked about yet that you would like me to tackle? Do you have questions about how the Bushmans do one thing or another? Thank you in advance for your constructive feedback!

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from Penniless Parenting and am really looking forward to reading it all. You are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Penniless Parenting too. I look forward to reading all the good posts. I like what I've read so far. Very inspiring to all those people wanting a simpler, more frugal, life. And there are many of us around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog! keep the good ideas coming! and the tp isn't that bad. especially if you start with cloth tp for girls only.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus