Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vegetarian/Vegan Pancakes and Sausages Recipe

Part of my New Year's Resolution was to learn a new low-cost vegetarian recipe each week.

This week  I decided to share two recipes with you! One is my old standby, pancakes and the other I've learned fairly recently, sausages.

The sausages take about an hour to prepare and steam so start them first. I got the recipe from Post Punk Kitchen. She does a good job explaining how to make the sausages so just follow this link to see the recipe. I really love her site! I have tried several recipes from her and liked them all!

Here's my very own pancake recipe:

I start with ONE of my free bananas,

I have two in the picture because I was making a double batch

mash it up and add:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 TBS sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of any milk (we like rice)
4 TBS oil

Whisk it until it looks like this:

I used white flour in this batch so the batter is lighter than yours might be. Trust me, though, wheat flour makes much tastier pancakes!

If you aren't a banana fan, you can substitute 1/2 cup of any pureed fruit for the banana. I sometimes also add wheat bran or flax seed for extra oomph.

Here are the finished products!

Vegan pancakes and sausages

At our house we are more likely to eat pancakes for lunch or dinner than for breakfast. Anyone else like to have breakfast foods for lunch or dinner? If so, what kinds of breakfast food?

UPDATE: Kelly sent me this picture of her vegan pancakes and sausages. They look so much better than mine that I had to share:

3 comments:

  1. Love breakfast for dinner! I can contest that those vegan sausages are delicious!! Thank you :) I like to make a tofu scramble with peppers, onions, spinach and mushrooms with some animal free biscuits! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have breakfast for dinner every Monday evening and love it! Our favorites are omelettes, scrambled eggs, biscuits, pancakes.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the sausages this weekend with my personal favorite vegan pancake recipe, and I oohed and awed for about 20 minutes while enjoying every bite! In fact, I loved that breakfast so much, I just had to call and brag to my mom as soon as I was done devouring the meal. Devin and I lightly browned the sausages in a skillet after steaming, and we really loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus