Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cheap and vegan banana milk

I'm always looking for affordable dairy alternatives so I was super excited when I discovered a recipe for banana milk in an old book. It only cost me about 17 cents (per one cup serving) to make!  It would've been even cheaper if I'd had some free bananas on hand. This is also a great way to use up bananas that are starting to go bad.

Here's how I made it:

I filled my blender half way with ice water.


Then I added two sliced bananas.

I added some maple syrup, vanilla, and then blended until smooth. I poured directly into glasses for tasting!

Yum!
RECIPE
3 cups ice water
2 bananas
1 TBS liquid sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla
We enjoyed this milk alone and with homemade granola. It was a hit with everyone! If you store this in the fridge for later or let it sit for any amount of time, you will need to stir it before serving.

What's your favorite kind of milk? Have you ever made your own dairy-free milk? Do you know of a cheaper milk recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus