Friday, March 2, 2012

Cheap and Vegan Brownies

I've been on quite a brownie kick lately! I'm so proud of the recipe I've been using because it is my very own! That's right, I made it up! And they are so good, and low sugar, and vegan, AND they have fruit hidden in them. I know you're gonna love them!

Bobbie's Brownies

1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 smashed banana (or 1/4 cup applesauce, but the banana is better in this recipe)
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup water

After this is all mixed up, get about 3/4 cup of almonds, chop them up, and put those in. (You could omit the nuts and it would certainly make the recipe cheaper, but they are SO good in there, especially with the hint of banana.)

Bake this at 350 degrees until you can stick a fork in the middle and have it come out clean.

Here's my finished product.


What do you think? Do you have an awesome brownie recipe to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus