Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Signing off

Next month I would have been blogging for one year. Its been so great sharing this first year of extreme frugality with you. I'm been so overwhelmed by how many people have chosen to read my blog. I never thought it would be so popular. Mostly, I just thought my mom would read it. :)

As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't been as into blogging lately. I've needed to spend more time taking care of myself, my family, and my career.  However, with work, homeschooling, raising kids, building a business, earning a PhD (yes, I'm working on that too!), and producing income, I've decided that blogging just doesn't fit into my life anymore.

I am so grateful to have had an audience to write about my frugal lifestyle. I hope you continue on your own journey of frugality with much success. There are so many great authors, blogs, and resources out there for the frugal woman or man. I leave you with what I am reading right now to support my own continued journey of frugality:

Native Style Cookery is an ebook by Ayida Honor. Ayida's book is a vegan, soy-free, from-scratch book. It calls for ingredients that I have or am able to get easily. The recipes are fairly easy to replicate and are a hit with the family--even picky children.

I've read a lot of vegan cookbooks and often I feel like they all essentially contain the same recipes. This is not true of the Native Style Cookery book. Her book is full of unique recipes and I'm so glad she shared it with me!



Jeff Yeager is my ultimate cheapskate hero. He has written four books in total: The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches, Don't Throw that Away, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way, and The Cheapskate Next Door.

While I really encourage the reading of Dave Ramsey's books and find his work to be invaluable for those trying to make a budget for the first time, Jeff Yeager's philosophies much more closely resemble my own. Yeager believes being cheap is a greener, happier, and healthier way to live. He is down to earth and he gives advice that makes sense for my life and the way I live. I love him for that!

So, that's what I'm reading.

With that, I bring my blogging days to a close. Take care and many blessings to you and yours. Thank you so much for reading.

Peace,
Bobbie

2 comments:

  1. Hі there, Ι founԁ your sіte bу meаnѕ of Goοgle while looking
    for a compагаble subjeсt,
    your wеbsіte gοt here up, it sееmѕ to
    be goοd. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply become alert to your blog thru Google, and located that it's tгuly
    іnformative. Ӏ'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll appreciаte
    іf you cοntinue thiѕ in future.

    Many people shall be benefited οut of уour writing.
    Chеers!
    Here is my web page :: get a guy to like you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everglades City, FL Got a phone call today from the filmmaker who had previously been searching for many photos I shot payday uk are you looking for the $500 cash
    advance nevertheless, you're not sure if you qualify to acquire one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
blog comments powered by Disqus